Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Caring is Sharing

Rai's school is having a canned food drive as they teach the children about sharing with people who do not have enough food.  Rai has reminded me every day this week, so after a big grocery shopping trip last night, I picked up a small bag full of cans.  I wasn't sure what his motivation was, especially since the different classes are having a competition for a pizza party.  This morning I asked Rai if he knew why his class is collecting cans.  "Caring is sharing.  Some people don't have enough food to eat.  That's sad.  We have enough food to eat, so we need to share."  I'm so proud of him that I'm picking up more cans after work today.

(Oh and it is "mis-match" day today at school ... or so I thought.  I apparently mixed up the days and today is "cool hat" day.  I guess Rai will have to mis-match two days in a row.)

No comments:

Post a Comment